Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sewing Saturday!!!

Hi all!!

So if you read my last post you'll know that I'm working on getting back into my blog! I'm also changing some of the content so it's not strictly writing related.

The following is what I "hope" to have be my posting schedule:

Writing Wednesday
Feature Friday (featuring other authors)
Sewing Saturday
Disneybounding Monday

That's a pretty aggressive schedule for me so we'll see what happens!

I am here today to do my first Sewing Saturday post!

This week my sewing project was this awesome BayBohoBag:
This was a pretty fun bag to sew. The pattern is from Little Moo Designs

This isn't normally my style of bag, but I had a friend ask if I could sew her a sling/boho bag so I went on the hunt to find a pattern and this one showed up on my Facebook feed from one of the (many) FB sewing groups I've joined.
*Note that if you join multiple sewing groups on FB you are going to want to buy a ton of patterns and a ton of fabric! It's totally dangerous but totally fun! 

This bag can be cross body or a shoulder bag. It's quite big and roomy and has a large zipper pocket on the outside and two slip pockets on the inside. If I make it again I'd add another zip pocket on the inside since its so large and roomy and don't you just hate loosing stuff on the inside of a big bag? It becomes like a black hole in there! I also love sewing zippered pouches to organize my bags. 

I'm debating making more of this style for my Etsy shop. I could make one in a cool Disney print fabric. (I did add a charm inspired by Tangled onto this bag because how could I not add some sort of Disney element?!)

Also if you love this style bag and are interested in having my make a custom one for you please leave me a comment or message me on the Etsy shop. You can pick your fabric colors and I'll custom make it  for you. :) I don't plan on having a ton of stock in the shop, but I do plan on taking custom orders. :)

This whole sewing venture has been SO fun and I look forward to making so many different bags! The problem is I don't need 50 bags haha! So request away so I can make one for you!!

Thanks for reading! Follow me here and on all my social media sites!

Links:

Instagram: @shewritesbooks and @shesewsbags
Youtube: username: shewritesbooks
Goodreads: Susan Soares

Amazon author page: Susan Soares
Barnes and Noble author page: Susan Soares

Etsy shop for bags: SheSewsBags

That’s a lot of links! J Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment